Step-Back function to undo steps while drawing a polyline?

Mark Taylor

YES! Simply hit the delete (backspace) key once for each vertex. You can do this during the creation process. This is great feature that was added back in version - um - I can't remember, maybe 11.5 or 12?

Before that we had to redraw the entire thing. When you made a mistake toward the end of a complicated poly it was horribly depressing.

Yes, I also remember the depressing days (not so distant) of using TurboCAD 10 (a few iterations back) and having the software crash after 4 hours of intensive drawing only to discover that there was no autosave or backup of any kind. That's when I discovered that TurboCAD could fly like an eagle, but couldn't walk on level ground.

Mark

Ah yes, it was TurboCAD that lead me to VW (then MiniCAD) also.

Back around 1992, I bought TurboCAD 3D. Spent hours modeling and then ran a command. BLAM!!! lines to infinity in every direction. Tried it again and got the same result.

Called Tech support. I think it was the programmer. Explained the situation. His answer was "That tool only works with 2D objects. Don't use it for that."

I asked if they would put in a check to make sure a valid object was selected and he said "No. It works fine."

I promptly used their money back guarantee and orders MiniCAD. Never looked back.

Pat

Started using MiniCad December 1990 & loved it, except for how it handles arc polylines, I do wish after 18 years that they could eliminate the restriction imposed by the mid-point (phantom) vertex. Merriam-Webster Dictionary: phantom - "an object of continual dread or abhorrence".