Import DWG Mac vs PC

tamarindi

I received a dwg file.

When i open on Mac -

chose the file -> use custom

now - instead of opening the options, it opens again the "choosing file" option. Can't get to the custom options.....On the PC there are no problems.....

I tried the option of "import folder", but then it doesn't recognizing the file...like it's not there...

VW 2008 architect

Mac book OsX 10.5.5

2Gb memory, 2.16 Intel duo core

Please don't post in more than one forum, one post would be enough.

The reason you may not be getting an answer is people aren't understanding your problem. You can't "open" a .dwg file in Vectorworks, you can only import it into a Vectorworks file. Maybe you could list step by step what you are trying to do.

(Thank you for your reply. I accept your comment regarding multiply posts, but as you can see i did not receive any response, including "please explain your question". It seems like this specific forum (architect) is the only place to get answers. It's not the first time i post in "dwg/dxf...forum" with no reply for days !!!)

And as for my question:

Of course i didn't "open" the file, but did the "import dxf/dwg" procedure (it's also on the topic).

Now to make it more clearly:

Import procedure on PC works fine with this specific file. Same procedure on Mac - with this file - does not.

The procedure is:

file ->import-> source: one or more files -> choose file -> destination:current file -> Import options: use custom.

Now - on PC -> i get the custom options window.

On Mac -> it opens again the "choose file" window, with the list of available dwg files. So...I can not get to the cusom options.

So, I tried skipping this option, using "use default" and i get a blank file.

Again - same file on PC imports with no problem at all.

I appreciate any advice on how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Edited by tamarindi

I'm still not clear where the problem is. I'm not on a Mac but in windows this is the sequence- File menu>Import> my options are "Import DXF/DWG.." or "Import Single DXF/DWG file". I sounds like you are choosing Import DXF/DWG. After choosing "Import DXF/DWG" the DXF/DWG Import window comes up. There is a button that says "Choose Files..." and under Import options radio buttons that say Use Default and Use Custom and a button that says Set Custom Options... if I choose Use Custom. Are you not seeing the Set Custom Options button?