Layers dissapearing after rendering

Iggy Rosenberg

I've never had this problem before, but I just switched to 2008 and for some reason my layers disappear after I render another layer.

For example I'll render some drapes, and they'll show up. I'll render some trussing and the drapes will disappear. The same happens with every layer I have. It's a very simple model so I'm confused as to why this would happen.

Any ideas?

I've never had this problem before, but I just switched to 2008 and for some reason my layers disappear after I render another layer.

For example I'll render some drapes, and they'll show up. I'll render some trussing and the drapes will disappear. The same happens with every layer I have. It's a very simple model so I'm confused as to why this would happen.

If you are rendering in Design Layers, you have to remember that VW renders to infinity and that the render is opaque. That means that when you render a design layer, it hides anything on layers lower in the stacking order.

To get around this you need to use Stack Layers mode or create a Design Layer Viewport ( ne. Layer Link) so that the entire model "exists" on a single layer and can all be rendered at the same time.

You could also put the model in a Viewport on a sheet layer to accomplish this as well.

Pat