VW & Reports

HAUSrucker

hi - i m a vw newbie and searching for good tutorials which teach the combination vw and database like filemaker or teach how to make reports for architectural quantity survey.

What you obviously are after, is doable. If you are serious about this, you do need to have an external database system as well - and FileMaker is a very good one for this.

The trick is to make everything generic in such a manner that all data coming from VW are structured so that there is only one quantity table. This can, I believe, achieved with reports and exports of those, but it's not going to be easy.

I'm lucky. I don't use any NNA's built-in objects, only what I've created myself. I also can quantify ?drawing objects? using the same database structure. So, I may have to issue the "Quantify" command a few times, but at the end of the day, I can export a database, delete the records in the FMP database and import new data and I'm hunky dory.