'Use Layer Colours' tick box in Viewport Info Palette 'Advanced Properties'

Diamond

Question

This would be great for say floor plans in black, and to quickly make other layers grayed (or any other colour) (like site vegetation for instance). Graying layers in the 'Layer Options' views is not as fine as printing a gray line. Also the layer goes transparent, and solid objects over one another become transparent.

This may have been added in 2009. I hope so.

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Sorry people. Blonde moment! What am I saying, I am blonde! Maybe we need an icon in the Sheet Layers window of the OIP above the 'Layer Colours' column so that it says "Hey, I'm here, click on me!"

I thought it had been added in 2008! Do you think I could find it?! Thank goodness for the Techboard since I had given up on looking for a months ago. All Help had to say was "Click Colours". But what colours?! It didn't occur to me that the little column apparently doing nothing in the Viewport Layer window was my answer. A humbling experience to be sure.

To recap, an added visual cue of an icon at the top of the Layer Colours row would be nice. Maybe this has been added in 2009. ;)

Thank you.

As a byword - Hello Pat Stanford,

Thank you for the hint for the above revelation, as it was your post on the Techboard that sorted this issue out, and it was also spurred on to solve the above issue by a back issue of your www.podcad.tv podcasts. Kudos to you and thank you very much!