Worksheet/Report Multiple Page Formatting

I have a couple of quick questions just on how others deal with this.

I am making some standard report files for repeated things I deal with. As I am doing this I am finding I may have 5 to 10 columns of info I need for up to hundreds of items. I am making my reports and I formatted them nice and pretty how I want them, but I want them to look very clean and when I print multiple pages I just cannot get that. I made a fake header with some extra cells at the top and my information is a database so what i would really like is that header to almost act like a header and be on the top of every page. I know there is a header line in the preferences, but I have about 5 lines of stuff that I want on every sheet and ideas?

Also is it possible to add a graphic like a company logo into a worksheet, ideally in this header idea?

The only thing I have previously been doing was to put the report on sheet layers and cheat it to look nice but that is kinda hack.

One more thought I have been trying, but not had any success. Does anyone know how it I made a spreadsheet and had a value that was in a cell say a cost or something like that and I have another report that needs to know a cost that I could say look at worksheet "costs (a1)" or something like that.

Another thing that I am not sure if I can do it or not. I have other database programs I use where I will have various information displayed and say it is sorted by one column I can tell it not to display that items that share the value for that column over and over so say I am using building material I have on column summarizing my sheet goods and 1/4 masonite and all these rows showing where it is used, but I do not need that 1/4 masonite repeated is it possible to have the report display in that manner?

Matt

Edited by MattG

I haven't figured out a good way to do that either.

Currently I make a sheet layer with 10 or so 8.5x11 pages, duplicate the report 10 times and select ranges of the data base for each page. That gives me the header and keeps the whole thing updatable. But it's a very awkward solution.

I hope someone has a better idea.

• 1 month later...