Losing Fonts In DWG Export

Archidoc

Question

2 answers to this question

I have the same problem when exporting to DWG. The Mac font we use doesn't work on a PC so we cant send someone the font. The only way around this is to tell the recipient to set their "Simplex" font style in AutoCAD to a similar font or if you have AutoCAD on a machine in your office, test out the conversions to choose an appropriate font.

I think it would be good if VW had an option to select a font during export but you would still have to make sure the text worked ok.

Another problem I have had with exporting to DWG is that AutoCAD allows you to change the spacing of text and VW doesn't as far as I am aware. Any Text that should be condensed ends up being to long. This is a problem when using DWG from other sources. I had this problem with Title blocks from another Architect. I could not get our Title blocks to match theirs so I had to create an image from theirs and insert it into our drawings. We were a sub on a large project and we had to make our drawings look like theirs.