Stairs only projecting in 2D

I figured it out. I have one layer that i am building my model on. I am breaking up my components into classes. Basically what happens is there is a class that the 3D stair exists on and and class that the 2D stair exists on. I had my 3D class turned off...and i need to find which one it is. Anyway, when i was rotating the model in 3D, my stairs would always project in 2D over it, even though i could see the "bounding box" (to use an Adobe term) of the 3D stairs. Kinda weird, but solved.

So you are modeling your own stairs, rather than using the Stair Tool?

I know many people do this so they can get the stair to look exactly how they

want them to look, but man, seems like a lot more work.

The Stair Tool, and many other PIO's are Hybrid, so they look right in 2D Top/Plan

and in 3D, but they are still just one entity. One class.

No. I used the stair tool, in this instance. Depending on the design, i'll typically use it. I guess what happens when you use the stair tool, is that when you drop in the stairs, the tool automatically creates two classes for your stair - a 2D class and a 3D class. *shrugs* That's the only way i can explain it, because when i had my "Stairs" class that made as an active class, i only would see the 2D stair, no matter my point of view in 3D. So, after i activated all 50 classes in my document or so, i would see the stairs in 3D again. ...just have to isolate that class now.

• 3 weeks later...