Major issues w/ Create Joist from Poly

AN Design

VW2009 w/SP1 When creating joists from Polygon (Simple 75'x 45') Creates rafters as opposed to Beam which I selected, after completed it disappears. after 5 more attempts it worked (spinning beach ball & crash each time) Just wanted to create simple I joists (no longer an option, I joist was available in 2008) Got a I joist profile from Framing members , selected I-Joist Profile from custom, crashed again. Worked fine before SP1 update, how do I get the older plug in back.

Once this project is finished, will again go back too VW2008. The bugs and problems w/ 2009 are to numerous to get into w/ this post.

Any solutions for the Framing Tool ?

temporary solution: also reinstates the i-joist!

It seems to work fine to substitute the relevant plug-ins from 2008 for the corresponding ones in 2009. (I have not tested this extensively, but it seems to work for me). They reside in the plug-ins folder in the root level of the Vectorworks folder

the plug-ins are: Create Joists from Poly.vsm, Framing Member Tool.vst, FramingMember.vwobject

For safety, put the plug-ins from 2009 somewhere of your choice for safekeeping to put back (hopefully to be updated) when the next service pack is issued.

FYI: I am running 2009 sp1 on an 2.8Ghz octo-core Mac Pro w/ 10GB of RAM OS 10.5.5

Edited by dtheory
  • 2 weeks later...

update: create joists from poly seems to have been fixed...

at least it works perfectly for me.

regarding the i-joist being missing, it never was missing...

the procedure changed.

to get i-joists, choose "wood truss" once you do that, another option becomes available: "use solid web" Then choose .75" for "web width" and you're good to go...

to hazard a guess, the term "i-joist" might have been too generic or brand specific for the entire english speaking international user base... (or they just made a bad call)