Trying to Shell

Hello,

I am trying to create a skin for my semester project. I have a nurbs curve that essentially envelops my building. Essentially i want to wrap the building leaving two ends open (front and back). I have tried converting the nurbs to a poly then extruding it, then shelling the solid. That doesn't work. I don't know how else you would do this, but the end result that i would like is a skin with thickness. I tried attaching a file to this post, but this board is a little wonky in Safari...might try again.

I have drawn your profile with lines and arcs. Select all objects and compose (Modify menu>Compose). The Object Info Palette (OIP) should have Polyline as the object. With the polyline selected, choose the Offset Tool. Click inside the polyline and offset by 1/8". Select both polylines and subtract the inside polyline from the outside (Modify>Clip Surface), the original inside polyline will still be there, delete it. Select the remaining polyline which will now be an 1/8" hollow surface and extrude it to what you want.