Section lines & instances

wvancampen

Two questions:

1. In VW2008, my section line markers often lose their attributes (fill, line thickness) and revert to unfilled/wireframe--usually when I move them or change their length. I correct this by re-rendering them ie changing their class, and then changing them back again to their proper class. You can imagine it's really annoying to be often doing this. Has anybody else experienced this problem/bug?

2. A thought I had of making this workaround more efficient was to put all section lines on a design layer--the thinking being that I could re-render them once, and activate that layer in all relevant viewports (which would be quicker than rerendering every section line where they appear in every viewport instance). But those section lines don't appear. Or to put it another way, if a section line is on a design layer, and that layer is active/visible in a viewport--the section line doesn't appear. Is this correct?

• 1 month later...

Yes, you are definitely correct! I am having the same issue with getting the section viewport markers I created on a design layer to show in the viewports. They just will not show.

However, I do not have the problem with the markers losing their attributes once moved or adjusted.

Edited by ewalker

I was having the same issue with the section markers not showing up. I also had a problem with the text item/sheet options not matching the symbol options. you can select item over sheet but I could not rotate the text. You can choose item / sheet for some markers but not others. I was able to use our custom markers but could not get the text to match the style. After having the section lines disappear I had to just use our old symbols.

I am having the same problem.

My section lines are currently shown only in a design layer, and they revert to unfilled/no-line when I update the associated viewport or make a change to the section line. However, after a few minutes of testing just now, it's not consistent. Sometimes they retain attributes, sometimes not.

Edited by jwlyon1
  • 5 months later...