Ability to save preset angles for drawing rotation

Christiaan

Question

I might be missing a trick here but the drawing rotation interface is a little cumbersome.

Leaving aside the fact that you can't copy the field and pasting isn't robust either (maybe these are improved in v2009), it would be nice if you could save angles in a document and have them available in a drop down menu or something.

13 answers to this question

Jonathon, I think that is a lot different to what Christian is asking for ? most would know that what you suggest is possible but really just a work around

This is Wish List Requests

We need to have improvements that increase productivity - real improvements not just work arounds

Do we paste the rotated angle into Saved Views too?

Actually, Christiaan, it is not a workaround (sorry, Ozzie) but a consistent method. I hear what you're saying, but at least I don't want another UI complexity. FBOW, Saved Views are the way to go in this respect.

Looking at a recently completed renovation job of a large, more or less irregular apartment building facing three streets of arbitrary angles. I have 12 plan rotations and I really like to have them named! I have absolutely no idea what the angles actually are and am not a bit interested.

I'm pretty sure that in Londinium the same applies.

Christian, you titled this post

Ability to save preset angles for drawing rotation ? so mate what about the Saved bit

Using Saved Views is not perfectly adequate to achieve that

Especially considering your original post also suggested

it would be nice if you could save angles in a document and have them available in a drop down menu or something

emphasise here on drop down menu or something

I concede Saved Views can do some of what you wanted originally but not all of what you have requested

That is why I said Saved Views was a work around

Saved Views needs to be able to Save those views for future use

As an example I use a very simple one often ?WO? ? for me it means Working On ? problem is I have to type it every time I wish to use it ? this is where the drop down list bit needs to be considered ? so instead of typing it every time it is just available for the user

If we are working with Standards that we have set up from project to project I think we need Saved Views to be available in a more user friendly and productive manner

Whilst that is possible if you set them up and carry them through a template it is not the same as what we have available now with the Navigation palette when Selecting new Classes or Layers from a Standards file where we have an ability to choose them from other files as well as the Standards file

As for a drop down box to store them that is an essential improvement required

As for complicating the Gui ? we already have separate controls for Saved Views and Rotate Plan ? both in my view could benefit from a drop down list of stored settings for reuse

A drop down box -in Rotate Plan may not be apparent for say a landscape designer but other people who regularly use Rotated Plan views for other things may benefit from them

So I go back to what I said above

We need to have improvements that increase productivity - real improvements not just work arounds