The Case of the Opaque Windows

HP Sauce

Help!

MediaFire link

If you'd be so kind as to download the linked drawing and render it up using a Renderworks mode, could you please tell me why the two windows you are facing are opaque whilst all the others show the RW background beyond?

At first I assumed it was the lights, but no, turning them off doesn't solve it. Then I wondered if the wall had some odd geometry that interfered, so re-modelled that. But no. Now I'm completely at a loss.

Any help much appreciated.

HP

To follow on, we've tried adding our own images for use as Renderworks Backgrounds.

Obviously this isn't as simple as setting the Background Image size to whatever your sheet layer page/viewport size is. Am I right in thinking that to get an image to cover the extents of your viewport, you must set the image width as the sum of viewport width page units multiplied by the viewport scale? Only by using this magical equation can we get anything usable.

The only problem we have left is that when using these backgrounds, especially when scaled up dramatically, finished viewports are shown greyed out with an X through them and require copious amounts of zooming in and out before appearing properly, if only for a split second before reverting back to a grey blob.

The supplied help implies backgrounds are related only to page units alone when this seems not the case.