Help with the Windows Wall Tool

Portmanteau

Window Wall objects have two Classes:

- A "container Class" at the top of the OIP (and Properties) which controls the finish to the framing.

- A Glazing Class towards the bottom of the OIP (and Properties) which controls the finish to the glass (Style-Glazing 1, 2 and 3).

You need to apply your glass texture to the Glazing Class rather than the "container Class".

Window Wall objects have two Classes:

- A "container Class" at the top of the OIP (and Properties) which controls the finish to the framing.

- A Glazing Class towards the bottom of the OIP (and Properties) which controls the finish to the glass (Style-Glazing 1, 2 and 3).

You need to apply your glass texture to the Glazing Class rather than the "container Class".

I still cant get the hang of it.

1690.jpg

The only place I have been able to change the materials of mullions is under the Render Tab.

But the glazing always seems to stay the same.

1691.jpg

Edited by Portmanteau

The Render tab texture selection will be the mullions. You can either just select a texture as you have done or assign it a Style associated with a texture that you have defined. The Style-Glazing # will texture will be the glazing. If you want to change the look of the glazing you need to define the Glazing style with a "Glass" texture, then customize it how you wish. You shouldn't define the Glazing styles with textures that are not glazing like, rather define them as different looks of glass-i.e. very transparent or more reflective in a file to create different looks.

The Render tab texture selection will be the mullions. You can either just select a texture as you have done or assign it a Style associated with a texture that you have defined. The Style-Glazing # will texture will be the glazing. If you want to change the look of the glazing you need to define the Glazing style with a "Glass" texture, then customize it how you wish. You shouldn't define the Glazing styles with textures that are not glazing like, rather define them as different looks of glass-i.e. very transparent or more reflective in a file to create different looks.

Thank you Damon Design

Could you also help with this one:

1699.jpg

How do you creat a fill for handrail 1. like handrail 2.?

EDIT: Sorry its not a Handrail its a Guardrail lol

Edited by Portmanteau

Should be the same principal. Since I know of no guardrail tool (I could be wrong here) I assume you mean the top rail of the handrail PIO that you have created. Selecting the whole rail allows you to fill it, color it as you want and then all elements of that handrail PIO will have that same attribute. By creating and then defining Style attributes in your class list of your document you can then assign three different styles to the different elements of the handrail PIO

Portmanteau, it looks like you've discovered a bug. The selected guard colour for the Curved Guardrail shows in a 3D view, but always remains white in 2D. The Straight Guardrail behaves differently.

You should submit a bug report.

PS

I've checked further and the same inconsistent 2D appearance behaviour still exists in VW 2009.

Edited by mike m oz