Cabinet makers using VW?

We are a custom cabinet manufacturer and we just recently purchased VW9. We are still learning the product, however we would be interested in touching base with other VW users who are in a similar line of work to exchange ideas/ info, etc.

Essentially, we would like to accomplish the following:

1. Create floor plans

2. Create kitchen elevation plans

3. Set up a library of door styles

4. Be able to create cabinets and ?easily? change dimensions/ add different styles for custom scenarios.

5. Detailed cabinet drawings, including exploded 3D views and detailed cross sections of cabinets.

The existing cabinet symbols provided in VW9 palette may be useful for producing fairly generic elevations and floor plans, however it appears that there are limitations upon attempting to resize them, or in presenting stylistic detail.

Would you know of any message board/ info source specific to our industry that is using Vectorworks?

Any assistance or knowledge sharing would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Dave Blankenship

Hi Dave, we are a highend custom cabinet shop. I've been using VW8.5 for just under a year. I still have alot to learn (too busy at work to sit down and figure some things out). I have been using the stock cabinets for 3D and find it a great sales tool as well as an informative visual for the guys in the shop. Would like to learn how to change door style. Following is our website and email. I thing we could be of help to each other.

Bob

http://www.bcwoodworking.com/

rditch@mindspring.com

Hello,

I am currently finishing my cabinet door plugin. It allows to create very quick a lot of different full parametric cabinet doors and drawers.

They are fully textureable, you can even attach different textures to different parts of the door and change the size and direction of the textures.

The handles (>symbols) are inserted at the proper position, they can be rotated as desired and you'll be able to change the handles on all selected objects the same time. You have also the choice to show

doors or drawers open or closed, insert Symbols into the door and so on.

If you are interested i would be glad to send you a demo version and a file with some examples.

You'll see some examples on my web site below, although it's a little bit outdated.

Kind Regards,

Hannes Lackner

PS.: sorry about my lack english

http://members.aon.at/tischlerei.lackner/serv01eng.htm

tischlerei.lackner@aon.at

[This message has been edited by Hannes (edited 04-13-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Hannes (edited 04-13-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...

I build custon high end church furniture and I have used Vectorworks since MiniCad 6. I don't really do cabinets so I don't have need for some of the things you asked about but it has worked well for me. I do all of my design in VW. The rendered images are aterrific plus with clients and being able to print out full scale drwings of millwork details and such is great tin the shop.

Sincerely,

Wayne Locke

I build custon high end church furniture and I have used Vectorworks since MiniCad 6. I don't really do cabinets so I don't have need for some of the things you asked about but it has worked well for me. I do all of my design in VW. The rendered images are aterrific plus with clients and being able to print out full scale drwings of millwork details and such is great tin the shop.

Sincerely,

Wayne Locke