VW9 Impressions and Speed Issues

After receiving my VW/RW9 upgrade earlier this week, I have mostly positive items to report. RenderWorks texture controls are vastly improved over the v.8.x version. At first look the OpenGL software on my G4 (350MHz/448MB RAM/OS 9.1) seem to be at least as fast as the Quickdraw 3D was on v.8.x. I have not yet been able to do much testing of the modeling and rendering.

My primary use thus far has been in VW 2D drafting and graphic design-type activities. The application seems to be a little sluggish compared to v.8.5. Whether I am switching between different tools, saved sheets or selections, I feel like I am suddenly using a somewhat slower machine. It is only slightly annoying, but if there is a quick fix, I would like to see it in a maintenance update.

The spell checker and find and replace are very welcome additions.

• 3 weeks later...

RBKarcht;

I've been experiencing sluggishness too. It gets worse as a work session progresses. By the end of the day, the system seems to slow waaayyy down to the point of being unuseable at times.

Particulars:

G4 400mhz, 1gig ram (this is recent)

OS/8.6 , VW9/RW9 (also recent)

This was'nt a problem with v8.5.1 and 128mb...

Any ideas?