Automatic Date Stamp and Recalculate All Worksheets

The Data Stamp tool provides basic date, time and file name info, but must be updated manually and the layout cannot be modified. Dworks' DUpdateTitleBlocks updates similar date and file name info but only works with the Drawing Border PIO.

I prefer to have this information displayed in one continuous line, so I can put it vertically on the binding edge of a drawing. I also want this date stamp to update whenever I print a drawing. I also want all worksheets in a drawing updated before printing so they contain the latest data.

The attached VectorScripts gather information about the drawing and update the Date Stamp (and optionally recalculate all Worksheets), then issue the Print command.

To try it out without installing anything, use the attached file "Date Stamp Sample.vwx".

You are free to modify the attached VectorScripts (the .vsm files are unlocked) to change the way they work or change the info that they display.

To install the commands, drop the attached .vsm files in your Home/Library/Application Support/VectorWorks/200?version/Plug-ins folder (for Windows check the Manual). Then, open the Workspace Editor and install the commands in the File menu. I reassigned the shortcut key for the Print command to the Print-RecalcWS-Date? command, so typing Command-P recalculates all worksheets and updates the Date Stamp. You can assign your prefered shortcut key to any of the these new commands.

To use the commands, create a text block in the drawing (put some filler text in it) and Name the text block "Date Stamp" (select the text block, in Object Info/Data tab enter name in box just below the tab row). You can only have one instance of a named object in a drawing, so I put the Date Stamp text block in the drawing border layer of my sheet templates. This drawing border is viewported into each Sheet and is always available when you start a drawing from a template.