Returning to VWA (couple year hiatus)

buz

Hello,

My sig should give relevant system and version info. I'm picking this (VWs) up again and have done a fresh install of VWA 11.5.1 onto my MBP. So far so good except the upper ruler has a couple dashed lines running through it - just not crisp and clear.

How can I clear this up please?

Edited by buz

Oh great - just what I didn't need right now. Well lets see, guess I could migrate back to my MDD that has 10.4.11 or the Sawtooth ... hmmm ... or check the price of upgrading?

I realize this is a difficult question but, if I were to upgrade, I wonder if there are any thoughts on which version to upgrade too. I'm not entirely familiar with the version releases since 11. (12, 2008 & 2009 ??)

Hello Pat and others,

At the moment my biggest concern is cost (of course) and secondarily, the screen resolution of the MBP has me spoiled.

I've seen my options as:

1. Fork out the cash for 2009 and use VW on the MBP

2. Fork out (maybe) less cash and get a better monitor for one of the other G4s and use VW 11.5.1

3. Knuckle under and use what I have ... VW 11.5.1 on a lower rez screen.

Just wondering if there are any thoughts on this - kind of a 'personal' type decision - maybe looking for 'food' for thought.

Thank you

Buz

Ray and Bill - thank you - this is what I was looking for. I can imagine the improvements in 2009 vs 11 as well I can imagine somewhat of a 'new' learning curve. Probably worth it.

The screen issue boils down to .... I understanding I wouldn't be happy with a 'run of the mill' screen and was visualizing a cinema display, however, I don't know how a cinema display stacks up to the cost of upgrading to 2009 from 11. I will be finding that out shortly.

Good food for thought - thank you both.