REScheck-COMcheck Data and Area Calculation Worksheets

The attached worksheets make it easy to calculate and keep track of your REScheck Data and Area Calculations for a project. You simply draw a few polygons to define your areas then enter area names or set a few energy related parameters and the worksheets do all of your calculations for you. When changes are made to your areas, you only have to adjust the polygons and all of your information will be updated (after you recalculate the worksheets).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to create an area worksheet in VW 12.5 that will work with the space tool, but I can't get it to display the area in the worksheet. Similar to what you have in the Area Calcs worksheets example png file...but I don't understand the instructions. Do these instructions work for VW's 12? If so how do I get the area calcs (sheet 2f) and area evaluation in the file?

Hi,

I'm trying to create an area worksheet in VW 12.5 that will work with the space tool, but I can't get it to display the area in the worksheet. Similar to what you have in the Area Calcs worksheets example png file...but I don't understand the instructions. Do these instructions work for VW's 12? If so how do I get the area calcs (sheet 2f) and area evaluation in the file?

I'm not sure how Tobias got the worksheets to work for Space PIO's (without editing the datbase and column criteria). When I assigned the record formats to Space objects the areas always showed very tiny areas like 0.004 s.f. I discovered the problem is a bug in VectorWorks 2009, because the areas listed for Space objects at the bottom of the Object Info palette are correct in 12 and 2008 but in 2009 they are too small by a factor of 82,500 to 1.

I also discovered that the Area Evaluation worksheet only showed the name listed in the Area Calcs record format, so if you were using Space objects you have to reenter the Name in the record format.

Attached are revised worksheets for Area Calcs and REScheck data that work for Space objects or polygons. The reference to attaching the record format "Area Calcs (Sheet 2F)" was incorrect?see the revised worksheets, below. The attached worksheet for VectorWorks 12, should also be used in VectorWorks 2008. The attached worksheet for VectorWorks 2009 has somewhat different worksheets that take advantage of a new CONCAT( ) function, that is not available in previous versions of VectorWorks.

NOTE: The attached files were to big to attach as VectorWorks files so they are compressed ZIP files, with the extension changed to TXT. They should automatically unzip on a Mac, but you may need to change the extension to .ZIP on a Windows machine then unzip them.