Add a real land surveying import/export and tools set

holsteinson

Question

4 answers to this question

Again if NNA doesnt have the inhouse capability to develop georreferenced surveying data import and export get Trimble Navigation to generate their module TRIMBLE LINK for VW

It is amazing the trouble to simply download from a data collector to VW and also to load the stake out files to the data collector!

Come on NNA provide these tools in 2010

I also would like this ability. We find it awkward, and almost embarrassing when we have to jump through hoops to retrieve our data from the collector.

And holsteinson is right if VW does not have the availability then reach out to Trimble, a collaboration can only help VW by having a direct relationship like that. This would open the doors to many more people that I am sure would love to switch to VW. I haven't switched to 2010 but it would be nice as an 2010 v1.2.

A few years ago ( v9 i think ) i wrote a simple Excel spreadsheet that imported the collector datum, reconfigured it , and then exported a Vectorscript which would create a new VW file with everything perfectly in place. Then I would WGR the survey file into my working Site Plan.

You can pick it up here if you're interested . It may still work:

[ur]http://www.fractalnet.org/CAD/VSS_SRVY_DATUM.zip[/url]

Thanks Islamon for your application it helps but doesnt solve downloading and uploading field surveys and stake out files from VW

VW R8D apparently thinks that terrain data is created in the minds of the users

Data has to be surveyed, downloaded, edited prior generating a DTM and the inverse process is required to get the stake out points back in the field for construction or planting.