VectorWorks Finder/Desktop Icons

If you are like me, you have 2-3 versions of VectorWorks on the Dock and they all have the same icon. If you have shortcuts on the Windows desktop its the same problem, but at least they have titles below them. To help this problem I have modified the VectorWorks icons for each version, so you can easily tell them apart.

To install these icons on the Mac, select one of the attached icons and Copy it. Then select the VectorWorks application in the Applications folder, issue Get Info, click on the icon in the Get Info window to highlight it (sometimes this take two clicks), then issue the Paste command. The Dock icon should eventually update when you launch VectorWorks, but if it doesn't remove icon from Dock and add it again.

Also included are icons I use for my Symbol Library folder. These are handy when you have your Symbol Libraries listed in the Sidebar of Finder windows or if you put them on the Dock.

I don't know how you change icons in Windows or if the attached icons are compatible, but I have included folders with the icons that you may be able to use. If someone wants to convert the icons for use in Windows and repost them, feel free to do so.

NOTE: Since icon files and folders cannot be uploaded, the attached .ZIP file has been renamed with the .TXT extension. After downloading change the file extention from .TXT to .ZIP and you should be able to open it.