export sheet layer issues

We created sheet layers with elevations and section vp. We need to send files to consultants who work on Aurocad . Some of the problems are:

* Sections opens as an empty "layout" in autocad, with only annotations.

* Elevations that have been rendered (hiddenline)are imported in AC as wireframe, and they can't render again. (Is there a wa y maybe to convert the layout into polygon "as is" ?)

Generally the beautiful and organized file we work on can't be read properly on AC. Unfortunately this is a major issue, and we must find a satisfied solution .

Please...anyone can help?

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your reply (i have tried posting in others discussion forums here...but no one answered....).

This is a major problem for us. We strongly believe in VW and appreciate the beautiful features, however - since VW is not as common as accepted we must cooperate with Autocad users. As so, two way communication is a MUST.

Recently we shifted our work to 3D and viewports. Again - it works great if it's only an inside work.

Please advise your "not easy solution" for the mean time...

Many thanks,

Tami

I have had the same problems trying to share SLVP information with ACAD users (aka, the rest of the world.)

I've resorted to converting SLVPs to polygons & cleaning them up. This is a huge pain.

You can create elevation VPs on design layers in 2008 so that might help a little bit.

Or, you could try exchanging information via PDF and a PDF to ACAD converter but I don't think that's much of a solution for two-way exchanges.

Can't wait for VW to tackle this. If SLVPs are an essential part of VW's workflow and we all need to exchange information with ACAD, being able to cleanly convert to dwg is critical.

It seems like the simplest solution would be to have the option of exporting sheet layers as simple line work to modelspace with hidden lines removed at a user-selected scale. Better would be to export titleblock to paperspace and all other information as simple line work with hidden lines removed at a user-selected scale to modelspace.

Of course, ACAD & VW work in really different ways and ACAD users use ACAD in a variety of ways on top of that so I don't envy the engineers who must tackle this problem. But, please NNA, tackle it soon.