IF IsFillColorByClass(objHdl) THEN

SetSelect(objHdl);

END;

BEGIN

DSelectAll;

ForEachObject(SelObjbyFill,((ALL)));

END;

Run(SelObjbyColor);

I specified all objects but this can be modified to narrow the search.

I specifically said it is not the same! He can use the script to do what the objective is while he waits for his wish to be added if that ever becomes a reality.

Isn't it what scripting is about anyways? To do what you want regardless of the method used. In the 15 years or so that scripting was added to MiniCad/Vectorworks, I have encountered so many roadblocks because a function was either broken or not available. I simply experimented with different options to accomplish what I wanted.

In the mid 90's, I had a wish to estimate how much material would it take to build a house. Since there was no way to calculate the framing of the house, I set my goal to model it so then I can calculate the material. If I had waited for this to be added, you would probably not have wallframer today.

The same goes nowadays, there are road plugins provided but not the means to do a set of construction drawings. Should I wish list it and hope the tools will be added someday or just do my own? So far, I have developed most tools I need to do my job more efficiently and faster without having to wait for something that may never be available.

Orso,

I actaully was not paying that much attention to the thread, so no, it was not directed to you. I just wanted to get a record in the forum that Miguel wrote the original Wall Framer and I think he deserves some credit for that.

And just for the record, you deserver credit for all of your work also. The BBEdit/TextWrangler plug-ins are great and I sue them quite often.

Pat

The fact is that actually Miguel is right: here we are in the VS forum, so his answer is right and generous.

The lack of byclass flags has always been annoying for the lazy scripter [me], whereby not always criteria would be the best approach, so -also without it- not such a big loss.

But now, with the Custom Modification it is simply unfair that the byClass flag doesn't exist: only scripting is the workaround.

I -really lazy lazy scripter- believe that it should be available.

orso

WOW,

back after a few days and I found this discussion!

First: Thanks to all for help, gracias und Dankesch?n.

I think this is a Vectorworks/Nemetschek-Problem that there are

"great" new functions that are not really elaborated like the custom modification and the new transparency....

(of course its not only Vectorworks) and we need people like Miguel to help them (and us)

And Orso, i will "wish-list" it....

Bye,

Mika