VW9 INSTALLATION

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hmm. That doesn't seem to be one of our strings, so it may be put in by the Microsoft compiler. Our product specs specify "A Pentium or greater." The Cyrix 133 isn't a Pentium (Pentiums are specific Intel chips), but the Cyrix is meant to Pentium compatible, I believe, just as Athlons are now. So it seems the intro code the compiler puts into the project isn't recognizing the Cyrix as a Pentium. I don't know what we can do about that -- it would be hard for us even to test a change if we did make one -- but I'll buglist it. In the meantime, you might want to consider looking at (say) the prices on refurbished Dells...

(No NNA endorsement of Dell products should be inferred from this, I was just looking at their pages out of my own interest.)

------------------

Andrew Bell

andrewb@nemetschek.net

I am not an official spokesperson for NNA

quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Bell@NNA:

Hmm. That doesn't seem to be one of our strings, so it may be put in by the Microsoft compiler. Our product specs specify "A Pentium or greater." The Cyrix 133 isn't a Pentium (Pentiums are specific Intel chips), but the Cyrix is meant to Pentium compatible, I believe, just as Athlons are now. So it seems the intro code the compiler puts into the project isn't recognizing the Cyrix as a Pentium. I don't know what we can do about that -- it would be hard for us even to test a change if we did make one -- but I'll buglist it. In the meantime, you might want to consider looking at (say) the prices on refurbished Dells...

(No NNA endorsement of Dell products should be inferred from this, I was just looking at their pages out of my own interest.)

Thanks for the tip. For your information, just as I am a devoted VW man, I am also a devoted Cyrix man. I have since upgraded to a Cyrix III - 700Mhz processor and has had no problems in the installation.

The price of cyrix CPU's is about 1/4 the cost of either INTEL or AMD.