Label Legend Manager

G_Cliff

I am using VW 11.5 and have taught myself how to use it using manuals, tutorials, and online help. I have started using Spotlight in creating my light plots but have run into a problem. When I try to click "Label Legend Manager" to make a legend and assign a label legend to a fixture, nothing happens. No window pops up saying "add" or "edit". Nothing. What am I doing wrong. Thanks

G Cliff

hello G Cliff;

i have an old copy of 11.5. i'm currently on mac OS 10.5.5, perhaps the app is too old?

anyway, i just attempted to dupe your sequence; i opened a doc, i selected spotlight>instrument processing>label legend manager, and the label legend manager window properly appeared. i added a new label called 'shelley'. in the 'add new legend' window i double-clicked on unit number, color, channel, and purpose. i clicked ok, i then clicked on 'edit layout'; i edited and clicked ok.

i then selected 'shelley' from the resource browser and edited it some more. no problem.

i then made a fresnel symbol active in the RB, inserted it into the drawing using the spotlight instrument insertion tool, and assigned the label legend. no problem.

then i inserted the same fresnel into the drawing using the 2d symbol insertion tool, convert to instrument, assign label legend. no problem.

does this help at all? hope so,

shelley

Hello G:

you need to have a lighting device selected before you can invoke the "assign Legend to Inst". are you certain that you are selecting lighting devices and not just 2d symbols? regardless, it sounds like you need to get to someone else who knows spotlight and watch them on the screen. or send your file to tech support? good luck, shelley

G-

I am having exactly the same issue. Whenever I go to Spotlight > Instrument Processing > Label Legend Manager absolutely nothing happens at all. No pop up window, no options...

I also have the issue with Spotlight > Utilities > Key to Instrumentation.

Could it have something to do with the setup of the file from the start? I know I didn't used to have this problem a year ago and I am not certain when it creeped up.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be having similar issues, but I though it was just with making light positions. Since reading this post I've tried some other things out and I get nothing for label legend manager, assign label legend, and it seems the rest of the other options under "spotlight" aren't working either.

Edited by pscbimmer
Sounds like your workspace or plug-ins folder might have been corrupted. Try switching to a different workspace and then back to the Spotlight workspace. If that doesn't work try reinstalling VW.

Thanks for the suggestion, but none of that solved the issue. I switched workspaces, I uninstalled then reinstalled, and I also tried a reinstall after uninstalling then deleting the vectorworks and nemetschek folders in the registry.

For now since I have some basic drafting to do asap I had to find and install my old VW 9.5 and that is working as expected.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I had this problem and resolved it by uninstalling the latest Quicktime and reinstalling version 6.5.1 which is the version that the updates wanted

That was my problem too.I figured this out because my HD died and I had to reinstall my programs. When I started up VW I got a warning that the version of quicktime I was using was not the same one that shipped with VW, and that if there were functionality issues to install the version that came on the cd (6.5.1). I installed 6.5.2 and all the functionality returned.

Edited by pscbimmer