Adding plant list worksheets to the design sheet.

SUSAN1

What am I doing wrong and how can I get the plant list on the drawing sheet? VW Help says from the Resource Browser, open the VectorWorks Libraries\Defaults\Reports-Schedules\Plant Lists.vwx and that four types of worksheets are available. When I go to my Resource Browser, my options are View As, Show Object Types, Find Resource on Disk and New Resource in Landscape Plan. I tried the instructions given on the New with 2009 website video which says to go to Window\Worksheets\Plant List, and that doesn't work either. Oh, and yes, I clicked "On Plant List" when I selected and placed the plants.

Presumably you successfully opened the Plant Lists.vwx file? If you have, make sure that the resource browser looking at this file. I suspect the resource browser is looking at a different file, possibly "landscape plan" rather than "plant lists". You need to select "plant lists" from the file drop down in the resource browser. The 4 worksheets will be clearly visible in the worksheets folder - which you may need to open to see the contents - make sure the triangle before "worksheets" is in "v" direction not ">" direction.

Within the Resource Browser, it sounds like you clicked on "Resources". Instead, you need to click on the down arrow across from the "Files" first, and then navigate to the path on your applications folder on your hard drive to the Plant Lists.vmx file. Once you do that, the 4 types of worksheets will show up in "Resources".

The terminology of the Resource Browser is a bit confusing. And as I understand it, the Resources actually reside inside those Files. Resources can reside in any file - the application's library folder or your other drawing files.

By the way, once you find the Plant Lists.vmx file and see the 4 worksheets in the Resource Browser, be sure to go back to the down arrow across from "Files" and click "Add to Favorites". Now the Plant Lists.vmx file will always be there for future projects. You won't have to remember where to find the Plants Lists.vmx on your hard drive. A real time saver.