Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Need "command" script to behave like a "tool" and for multiple users

mcobbs

OK, I'm new to Vectorscript, but here's what I need to do.

I have the simplest of scripts that I copied from another post.

SetPref(16, NOT GetPref(16));

I have several similar to this to change a few settings.

I would like to change these "command" scripts to behave like "tools" scripts. Basically, I want them in a Tool Pallette.

I have tried entering them as a "tool" script, but they don't work. They only work as a "command" script. I understand why this is, but want to know if I can create a button in a tool pallette somehow.

Secondly, I would like to make them available to 8 users on 8 computers for all drawings we work on. Can you create "default" scripts for all drawings? Or can I easily create this new tool pallette, and easily allow them to have that tool pallette. Not to mention have the ability to add new scripts as I become more familiar with scripting... Such as a library. I have discovered that you can use a script from another file in your library, but you have to manually import them into each file before you can use them. I just want them always available by default.

Thanks

There is no such thing as a button palette in Vectorworks, though it has been requested many times.

If keyboard shortcuts would work, you can create Plug-in menu items that can then be installed into a workspace. You then just put the Plug-ins and the workspace on each of the machines.

It might be easier to stick with them as commands in command palettes. You can create a template file with the command/script palette and either put it on a server accessible to all the users or install a copy of the tempate (.sta) file on each of the machines.

Pat

• 9 months later...