exporting to graphics file format

You have 2 choices here

1. If you export as an image file the type is kind of irrevelent(jpg is good because it is self compressing, but you lose color depth, I usually use BMP). The most important thing is the pixel dimension of the exported image. This is represented by the first two numbers in the upper left of the export dialogue. The first is the width in pixel and the second is height. They are constrained so changing one changes the other. If your image is not high enough resolution simply increae either of these numbers and this should solve your problem. Keep in mind if you changing the DPI setting (default is 72)will not increase or decrease the exported resolution. It only changes the dots per inch, it dosen't add any dots.

2. Export as EPSF. With this formatt you are exporting vector information, not raster information, so when you open in Photoshop you can set your resolution to anything you want. This is great but the only problem is that the colors tend to shift, so If your happy with your colors I'd stay with an image formatt.

Good Luck

I am assuming that you are talking 3D, not 2D, here. That said, assuming that you have RenderWorks installed, one of the simplest tricks I know is to use the Render Preview Tool (usually a little, one button palette) to render the area you want at the resolution you want.

Copy and paste the resulting bitmap into an empty Photoshop document set for the same ppi resolution, and you're done. If you do the copy, then roll over to Photoshop and create a new document, Photoshop will usually oblige you by suggesting a document that will hold the clipboard's contents, saving you the trouble of figuring it out.

This has the added benefit of only rendering the area you need, and skipping the export process entirely.

This takes longer to describe than to do.

This works a treat in Macintosh, dunno about Wintel, but why wouldn't it?

HTH