Please remove the music from your webpage

So, blame the user? I guess we should expect such a view from a forum full of architects.

Personally I think it's a reasonable expectation that you're not going to be violated by someone's adolescent idea to put music on the front page of the website of a company that produces sophisticated, professional CAD software.

Auto-play music is just plain bad web design. Period.

I just hope whichever marketing people had a say in this choice don't get a say in the design of my CAD software. They'd probably want to bring Clippy the Office Assistant to VW.

By the way, I did exactly the same thing Pepso:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=12&Number=110847

I too, need to chime in and say, yes, please remove the music. Ok, sure, now there is a mute button but often, when going to the site, one forgets, gets blasted by this incredibly annoying music and only then resorts to clicking the mute button. For me, there is no connection between the aesthetics of the company, site, product and this awful sound. I was relieved to see this post and to realize others have had the same reaction. The music does nothing to enhance the site.............period.