2 new bugs?

Bonus, in 2009 the new "set position" button allows very precise placement of PIO's in Walls, however, it is admittedly counter intuitive to use. Once you catch on however, it works well.

Try this: 1) Select the PIO you wish to locate; 2) click the "Set Position" button, 3) click on a point of reference (eg: the corner of two walls, or another PIO); 4) pull the resulting shape until it touches the exact part of the PIO you want to reference to (eg: the outside face of jamb, or the center point) and;5) click again;6) A dialog appears;7) type in the distance off. 8) Hit return and Voila!

NOTE: do not make the mistake of clicking on the PIO before the ref point... This is the counter intuitive part...At least IMO...

Anders,

The first one is NOT a bug, rather a change in the way the tool now works.

For 2009, you change the position of a plugin object in the wall by using the "Move by Points" tool. If a plugin object is selected and your select the "Set Position..." button in the OI palette, the command is automatically invoked for you.

The Mode BAR changes to reflect the "Move by Points" is active. Your first selection is the reference point along the wall where you want to set the desired distance from. The next selection is what point on the object you're moving you want to set the referred distance. Finally a dialog pops up and asks for the distance between the two points.

Why the change?

This offers more flexibility for users to decide what reference points are important to create desired positions. For example, with the old method, the dialog and diagram only let you set a distance based on the centerpoint of the PIO (window) being moved relative to one of 6 wall endpoint datum. Now you can select any point along the wall (or off it, or another object) and any point or feature in the object itself.

Just takes a little re-learning...

Boys, I explode with joy!

This is exactly a function I have been waiting for. Had no idea it was there, right in my hands.

Thanks Peter and Jeffrey for the help!

I've bumped into all too many bugs recently and maybe rushed away. What contributed is that when I press the "position" button in the OIP, the cursor starts flickering intermittent with the clock symbol (operation in progress) for a couple of seconds - typically a bug behaviour in macs. Then nothing - no clue, no hint.

I thought the tool was dead.

Is there a list of tool function/handling canges in 2009?

What about the space tool?

When I edit any attribute it jumps away.

I can move it back manually where it belongs, but what will happen when SP1 fixes the bug? - will it jump away again?

Will all problems related to the rotated working plane be solved soon?

When I export to dwg, PIO annotations (door id, window id) are all twisted around, upside down, some turned left, some right etc

Checking "keep id horizontal" is no option - then they show rotated in the sheet viewport.

Any solution to this?

All back to sleep!

I have found the origin of this malfunction.

Spaces were set to invisible boundaries.

Spaces were in a separate design layer.

All spaces had been dislocated by a few mm relative plan model and lost their room reference. Can't understand how/why.

Found this out when moving wall and areas did not follow.

I have made new ones all over and now I can edit without problems.

Still boundaries show odd sometimes - as a triangle covering half of the room or just a line at some edge. This is corrected by switching class assignment back and forth.

Must be connected to the known class by color assignment bug.