Can VW08 count irrigation head symbols?

Doug L

Can VW08 count irrigation head symbols to give totals per each type of nozzle in the standard Irrigation Head Schedule Worksheet? In plant list worksheets, the formula is ='Plant Record'.Quantity but =('Irrigation Head'.Quantity) only results in 0. (I don't understand why all the irrigation formulas all have brackets but it doesn't seem to affect the results). Thanks.

Try =Count

The plant worksheet counts the contents of a field in the plant record which calculates the number of plants in the placed plant object

If you simply want to count the number of symbols matching a criteria you can simply use '=Count'

dspearman, thanks. =Count did count, except that when I brought in the irrigation head schedule worksheet, the chart shows one row for each and every instance of each head nozzle, with a count of 1, instead of the quantity that each different head nozzle was used in my drawing. Perhaps the irrigation head schedule worksheet is intended to only be an itemized list, instead of quantity totals similar to plant lists? Quantities would be helpful for cost estimates and contractor's bidding.

Thanks Pat. It worked! Just for clarification for others, I dragged the SUM icon to the column header of the Nozzle column. The next column, which has =Count in the header, automatically contains the quantities of each type of nozzle.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions to solve this question!