VW8.5.2, Win2k: Grouping deletes objects

aaaargh!

One of my files has recently become corrupt.

whenever I group a number of objects they are deleted instead!

....after grouping the objects they appear to be no longer selected (handles disapear)but are still visable, (I can't select the objects) when zooming in or out the screen refreshes and they are gone forever.

This means I can no longer group objects!

(doesn't happen in any of my other files though)

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Jez

Try it again, and before zooming (and making the group disappear), note in the Object Info pallete what class the group is. Then check in the Class pull-down whether that class is set to not display. When you group the objects, you might be setting them to an invisible class.

Try going to Class pull-down > Classes... and setting all classes to visible, then checking whether your groups reappear.

Try it again, and before zooming (and making the group disappear), note in the Object Info pallete what class the group is. Then check in the Class pull-down whether that class is set to not display. When you group the objects, you might be setting them to an invisible class.

Try going to Class pull-down > Classes... and setting all classes to visible, then checking whether your groups reappear.

Your right!

I made all of the classes "visible" and the missing groups reapeared.

for some reason it keeps moving objects to a different class when they are grouped.

....how do I stop this?

I set "use at creation" to "No" on all of the classes. I draw with various differnt classes but it always reverts groups back to the same one??????

I think the class in question might have previously been called "none" I'll try that.

Jez