worksheets formula

Hi,

I use lots of tables with information next to each other, so I can't use database rows. Because of that, I need to set formulas in cells to get all the objects I want with the formula of the thing I want in it. I can do this for simple things like the space size etc. (for ex.: =opp(space.occupancy='B0')).

But I cant seem to get the space.number of the selection although they are all the same.

Can someone help me on this?

• 2 weeks later...

=COUNT((('Space'.'Number'='99')))

works for me here. Remember, a lot of numeric type fields in PIOs are not formatted as numbers, but as text. So to get a match, you must put the number you are trying to match into single quotes.

For vectorscript based PIOs, you can go into the Vectorscript Plug-In Editor and look at the field types. Spaces are not Vectorscript, so you can't do that with them.

I have updated my PIO Fields to Worksheet script to now include the field type. It is located here:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=112259#Post112259

Pat

I am not understanding you.

First, what is the =opp function you showed in your original example. I am not familiar with it and can't get it to do anything.

Second, I am confused by your statement above:

"I want some field of the PIO in a cell." This is clear

"That cell has a database function in it to search for the needed things." I think I understand this. You are putting some criteria into the cell to "select" a bunch of objects for additional action.

"I only want the most used text from a field in it." This is the part I don't understand. So you are asking for a formula to show the most used Space.Number of the objects selected in the line above?

I think you are going to have a really hard time getting that without using database rows and summary icons.

Can you give us an example of one that works the way you want and one that does not work?

Pat