font wont import correctly

I'm importing dwg title blocks with attributes and the should show up with all fonts in ISOCP, but they are all Geneva when imported.

I have ISOCP in my computer.

Is there any setting I've missed?

By changing to Geneva they seem to move as well, so manually changing them back to ISOCP is no option. Nered to get it right from start.

I don't have my dongle right now, so I can't check it, but I believe that's exactly what I did. There was a list where all non available fots had suggested replacement, mainly Geneva. There were a few slightly different ISOPC fonts. I changed them to be replaced by ISOCP instead of Geneva. Did a new import in a new blank doc, but no change...

But you wrote "delete that line" - I don't believe there was such an option. I'll have to check tomorrow - it's bed time over here.

Thanks Pat

it all works now except for the text size. The one I insert in the record fields gets bigger (+3 pts) in VW than in the original dwg file.

When exported back it looks weird.

I can change the size if I edit the symbol, but that is not the way it should be.

On top of this the text gets so thin it just prints as grey lines.

It seems VW can't handle the font correctly, because if I change back to some other font it prints black again.

ISOCP was originally an AutoDesk SHX font designed to be drawn with a pen plotter. There are multiple versions of TrueType and Postscript "look alikes" available. If the one you got is not exactly the same size as the original, then you can see the type of problem you are seeing.

This is true of all fonts. Different operating systems (or even machines) could end up with different versions of the same font. Something as standard as Arial can shift somewhat on different machines.

No real work around other than to get a different version of the font that may work better.

Pat

Ok

Finally I figured out that the fonts in the dwg are .shx and the ones I have are .ttf

I still have to convert and that might be a problem.

I don't know if .shx files are possible to use in a mac, but I hope to find out.

The thin grey lines are due to my printer, a HP 4MV - a still perfectly printing, but old b/w laser printer. If I use a newer full color laser it's a lot better - almost good.

AutoCAD now ships with both SHX (useable only in AC) and ttf versions of the "autocad" fonts (RomanS, ISOCP, etc.)

You now have the ttf version that ships (shipped) with AC.

If it is not mapping properly, then please send the AC file to NNA Tech Support so they can look at it. Maybe there is something they can adjust in a future update that will help the imports to work better.

Pat

Ray: are you absolutely sure? - if you are I might just stop here, and that's better than spending more time.

Pat: I've done so now.

Also interesting ACad ships with both. That means they must be able to change all shx fonts to ttf before sending it to me....then it would work - right?

Meanwhile I might have to borrow an ACAD and insert my stuff into it.

Yes, they should be able to switch to the TTF fonts. If it is really an import problem with VW, then it might not help. Maybe they can send you a test file with a small block of SHX and a block of TTF and see if it will import correctly.

The question is will they?

Is this kind of a one-time one-way thing or are you going to be going back and forth a number of times?

If it is a lot of times, then it would be best (if the ttf helps) for them to make the changes.

If it is a one-time thing, can you use Custom Modification to just change the font size and let if go?

Pat