How can I generate a XYZ coordinates list from a drawing on VW09?

holsteinson

I think you need to give us some more information to help you.

What objects do you need to output? Everything in the drawing? Just locus points? Do you need to output both ends of lines? Every vertex of polygons? What about arc and polylines?

If you only need locus points, VW2009 has XCenter, YCenter and ZCenter functions in the worksheet. You could easily set up a database row for all the loci and get the three values and then export the worksheet as CSV.

Pat

It is a very simple output all land surveyors need for each point selected in the drawing output in a worksheet format CSV text file:

point number, Northing, Easting, Elevation, description

AutoCAD has several small scripts written such as plist since version 14

We need this point output for any or all boundary corners (bearing-distance surveys) and any user selected object's vertex to be exported for stakeouts, so again why VW Landmark have a input survey but doesnt have the surveying output and editing tools?

Alexander

Give me a few days (busy right now) and I can modify my stake object tool to hopefully do as you want. No point getting snookered by VW for the sake of a few lines of Vectorscript.

Let me know what format you want the output in and what values. ie CSV with x, y, z coordinates.

Please do let me know if you do get hold of another plugin so that I don't waste my time.

Thanks Ian for your assistance with this missing feature in VW.

I only need to generate a TEXT CSV files for each one of the points I select in the drawing with these 5 fields per row:

point number, northing, easting, elevation, description

It would have to list these 5 fields for all user selected polygon's vertex, line endpoints and locus points

Have not found anywhere a plug in that would do this task so help please!

• 2 weeks later...

The Stake Out Objects Plug-in sent by Bruce with the changed script line by Ian Hutt works great creating the YXZ coordinates list CSV file for surveying data collectors feel free to download it

An improved version that automatically generates this coordinates list from all selected poligon's vertex, line endpoints and locus would be highly productive and desirable in the short term

Edited by holsteinson
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...