Stubborn Classes and Groups

Why do some grouped objects not change after revising class characteristics in the Organisation Box? Am having trouble with changing the colour of grouped objects on the same layers and viewports. Tried ungrouping and regrouping individually etc. Can change in OIP manually but want a global change across layers obviously. Also.......... why do some colours not print in B and W?? Greens, Yellows and and light greys especially. Ideas?

Check that the elements within your groups have their attributes set to class in the attributes palette and that they are on the same class you are changing. It's a good idea to keep your attributes set to class as much as possible so that they respond to global settings & VP over-rides.

Well - I have a similar problem.

I want to assign a class to all doors and consequently have them change to the by class color.

The easiest way is to select all doors and move them to the right class in the OIP.

They switch to the right class but the color does not change. In the class orgzr the "use at creation" is checked. This is if I move more than one at a time.

If I move them one by one it works, this has nothing with the door settings, groups or similar to do.

...another bug?

This problem occurs in a 2008 file opened in 2009.

I tried a clean 2009 file with just a couple of walls and some doors.

Then there is no problem. So the 2008/2009 compability must be poor.

Edited by bonus

Man....I was really happy when I found an error: doors weren't by class.

Quickly changed them all to "by class" in both pen and fill. Checked the class settings and looked fine. Selected three doors and moved them from one class "0" to the right one....but big dissapointment! - still no color change.

Even worse! now the color won't change if I move one single door at a time, with or without "by class" settings.