Transferring attached record format data back onto symbols in Res Browser

thecadman

Question

Can any bright spark tell me how one can transfer Record format data from a placed symbol back onto the same symbol in the Resource browser.

The only way I can find is very laborious - unattaching a record in the resource browser, filling in the record data then re-attaching the Record.

I can fill in a whole lot of data on placed symbols via bi-directional spreadsheets but then I want all this data back on the symbols is the resource browser.

Am I making sense?

2 answers to this question

Pat

Thanks for this - it helps a bit..

It is a slightly quicker way of doing it but with bi-directional spreadsheets I could attach the data to my objects much quicker but lack a way of putting this data back into the resource browser symbols

I have a library of some 120 components needing specific price info and then having done all of these I find that there are another 80 or so that are nested symbols using the individual symbols - if there were a way of transferring the Record values of some placed symbols back as defaults I could do the job in minutes rather than hours)

Many thanks anyway - this has certainly reduced the time!

Steve