deselect with nudge

Is it happening in only one file, or does it always happen in all your files? It might just be the file is around the bend for some reason. If this happens, you can open a new, clean file and probably copy/paste the objects from the old one into the new one, and it will go happily on.

Did you have any luck copying things to clean file? I went through nightmares like this with a 3D file in 2008, almost buggered a deadline, and that was the way I solved it. The file I was having trouble with was all 3D. The new Parasolids thing seems much better.

Edited by mmyoung

I had this problem quite a few months ago, got to a point where the file was unworkable, sent a test file to bug submit never heard back, I ended up creating a new file and importing layers and classes, every now and then I will get it happen again with a new file, the nudging/zooming with deselect is the first sympton that somehting is wrong with the file after that point more and more problems arise to the point where the file just closes randomly. Ive found the best way is as soon as the file starts doing the deselect thing, create a new file and do the import layers and classes

Thanks for your help.

I limped through and got the drawings out this morning before I had to resort to starting a new document.

I do every drawing in 3D and I've never seen this before. And it didn't matter if I was trying to select 2d or 3d objects - everything was wacky.

It did seem to start after I created some wacky Design Layer Viewports. That may have been where all the madness started.

Michael

It did seem to start after I created some wacky Design Layer Viewports. That may have been where all the madness started.

Interesting. After I made some VPs was when my troubles started as well, as I recall. Especially rendering in hidden line.

Hope somebody catches this.