Help in 2009

Mark Dixon

Hi Mark, could you please post your OS, browser and VW's info, including build numbers, etc. This will be helpful to those that might be able to help you. FWIW, I'm running VW's 2009 on Mac OS 10.5.4 and when I select the menu item "VW's Help" it opens the full help files in my default browser which at the moment is set to Firefox. It could be interesting to discover whether certain browsers will work/not work...

I'm probably going to upgrade today to 2009 and will take a look.

[edit]No immediately accessible stock for upgrade so not today[/edit]

That said, I don't use IE (Fireforx user) and come to think about it, IIRC that when I did use IE even with 2008 help, IE would ask if I wanted to override the Active X settings everytime I went in to VW2008 help - it was a popup at the top of the IE window. Possibly worth checking your activeX settings on IE.

Edited by IanH

Are the index.html file and all the related folders in the VWHelp folder?

I have had issues where Vista security would place created files in the hidden AppData folder of My Documents. The two places to look for lost files are:

/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files

/AppData/Roaming/Nemetschek

User Control has also created problems when installing programs so I turn it off to install.

You can also grant Administrator access to VW to bypass annoying security warnings and to ensure new files are written to the VW folder instead of AppData.

If index.html exists, can you open it? If not, then the problem most likely is with the OS and/or Anti-virus program.