Printing Nightmare

I am having a nightmare of a problem with printing dimensions. I am drawing a floor plan, in 4 layers on of which is a dimension layer. When print VW completely crashes my computer. I am running Win 98 on a Dell Optiplex GX110. I am printing to a network printer which is an HP Color LaserJet 8550 PS. Funny thing is: When I turn off (make invisible) the dimension layer it prints fine. I have tried various fonts and ungrouping the dimensions to no avail. Any suggestions? Please?

Originally posted by B Perry:

When I turn off (make invisible) the dimension layer it prints fine. I have tried various fonts and ungrouping the dimensions to no avail. Any suggestions? Please?

I've had similar problems from time to time with certain layers crashing Vectorworks (and my system). What often works is to copy your entire drawing layer by layer and paste it into a new drawing. If you've already narrowed it down to just the dimension layer, you might just try copying that layer only and see if it prints on a new drawing. By chance was this drawing imported from another program?