Duplicate doors in schedule

kwhitsett

Hello there,

I have a problem with duplicate doors showing up in my schedule. Attached is a screen shot. I have selected each one and am SURE that there are not two doors on top of each other in the drawing or two doors in different Design Layers.

After reading through some posts, I now know about the SUM feature and about how you can only use SUM three times and how to get around it. I can use this to help alleviate this problem (as a temporary fix), but then I have another problem when I mistakenly number a different door with the same number - they each get "summed" into one door on the schedule. How do I actually solve the initial problem itself? Does anyone else have this problem? Is this just a bug with VectorWorks that we must work around?

We are working on a few files that both seem to do it. On another file there are actually five copies of each door! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I have selected each one and am SURE that there are not two doors on top of each other in the drawing or two doors in different Design Layers.

So when you right click and choose "select item" on the respective row in the work sheet, it takes you back to the same door twice?

If that were the case, I would assume there's a bug somewhere. What about doing a test by starting a new file, and dropping a floor plan into it. Can you repeat the problem in a new file?

(But when I hear that there are five copies of the same door, it sounds like someone copying a floor plan to another layer, instead of making a viewport or a layer link. I know that is a typical issue in my office.) Do you have any outside references in the file?

just trying to help....

I don't think this is a bug, I think it is as Pat suggests, that you need to take a look

at your Database Criteria.

Right-Click on your database row, then go to Edti Criteria.

Be sure you are showing only the design layer(s) you want, and not Viewports.

Notice in the screenshot below that I am also adding criteria to only show doors tagged

to "show on schedule," since I have some closet and pantry doors that I don't want

to appear on my schedule.

picture1ys6.png

picture2ow6.png