What 2008 forgot and 2009 has forgotton too

Nice mantra Petri. I will sing it all way home with flickering eyes and chiming bells.

Mike, are all your computers identical?

Do you have any lightning protection or tension regulator on your power supply that might cause disturbance? ( I understand it's just VW that does this - but still)

Have you tried your computer in any other location (at home)?

Michael, et al,

I believe MJW's concern has to do with the flickering (3-4 times) of the Windows Application Title Bar at the top of the screen when objects are selected in the Drawing Window.

This situation ONLY occurs under the most specific circumstances; when VW is open and maximized AND the OI palette is floating on top of the Drawing Window AND there are other applications that have been launched AND maximized AND then minimized to the Task Bar, in the background.

We are fully aware of the issue at this time. Since VW2008 SP2, an update was included to minimize the problem from a 12+ "blinking" to just 3-4 times. That was the best that could safely be done.

You have received a lot of attention on this issue over the past year and have been offered support and solutions to this problem until a permanent engineering solution can be safely implemented.

1. Keep the OI Palette open and docked on one side of the Drawing Window on your monitor,

2. Do NOT maximize other applications, then minimize them to the Windows Task Bar; either use VW alone or don't maximize the other application windows;

3. Use a Mac system for this particular user.

The permanent engineering solution is NOT a safe fix for the 2009 product cycle, but is possible for 2010, now that all of the specifics of the issue are understood. This fix requires serious engineering changes that could potentially disrupt the functionality of the program for ALL users. Much more time, planning, and quality testing is needed to enact such a solution and be confident it is taken care of once and for all.

I must stand up for our QA staff, Tech Support staff and Engineering staff to stay that they have gone the extra mile many times over the last 16 months to deal with this issue. Yet they seem to have received little or no gratitude in any effort to address the problem. Every effort has been made in the best faith and concern for both you as a user and the product overall.

If you wish to belabor the issue, I must request you continue it offline with your local sales and tech support channel so they can more directly observe and attend to your needs. Further cross-posting of this issue on the Forums is NOT productive, nor welcome. Use of the "Search" functionality should be enough.

Edited by Jeffrey W Ouellette