Compatability of VectorWorks 9 with RenderWorks 8 ??

If upgrading from VectorWorks v8.5.x to v9, and if one is also a RenderWorks user, is it necessary to upgrade RenderWorks to v9 for compatability, or will v8 of RenderWorks continue to work with v9 of VectorWorks?

[This assumes that one is content with the features of RenderWorks v8, but would like to use the new features in VectorWorks v9.]

Per a long an informative posted commentary by a Diehlgrapsoft high-up sometime back, VW would not directly use the Mac's G4 Velocity Engine or dual processors because Renderworks uses Quicktime, and therefore since QT is MacOS native, VW does take advantage of Velocity and dual-processors.

Now I see a post that says RW9 does not use Quicktime. What's the story now re:VW/RW9 using the Mac's Velocity and dual-processor capabilities?

If I remember rightly the article (posted on Architosh a while back if its the same one) disucssed the move to OPneGL which OSX DOES run optimised. hence the move from Quicktime to OpenGL in preparation for OSX version of VW. I assume the option of OpenGL now in VW9 is part of that move. Though i cant see much on it as a feature?