Plant lists

jeremyb

When in the Plant database I have created a new Plant List but how do I add plants to it from the master database list?. I realise that it is possible to create a planting plan and then add plants to a list that way, but I want to create a master list of possible plants first and then have this selected list from which to place plants on plan. Is this possible - I'm sure it is but cannot see how??

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Whenever you want new plants in a plant list, you must create a new one. Unfortunately, there is no mechanism currently to update an existing list.

I you have a specific set of plants that you wish to use for a project, you can create a plant list for use in Vectorworks in the following way.

You can uniquely mark the plants you wish to use by using the favorite check, by adding a project id in the "Used in project" field, or co-op on of the fields you are not currently using.

Once you have marked all the plants you wish to use, do a search on that criteria. If you are using a Project ID, the go to find mode, type the project id in the "Used in project" field and run the search. You should now have a subset of records containing only those you have marked. The same goes for using the favorite tag.

Once you have done your search, you can then create a plant list like you always do using the Create Vectorworks Plant list menu command, and name the list as you please. The plant list created will always only have the plants in the current found set. This way, when you are back in Vectorworks, you can load this plant list and see only the plants that interest you for this project.

Keep in mind that you can create any number of plant lists as a result of creative searching. You can limit your list to almost any criteria that you can think off.

I hope this helps you out. If you need further assistance, or if this does not cover what you need, please drop a note.

Judah Warshaw

Nemetschek North America