Auto Row Height and Text Wrap in Worksheets

da_muel

Hi,

Ive looked around for answers to this and havent been able to find anything definitive. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the auto row height and text wrap controls in worksheets actually work. I can get the text to wrap and the row heights to auto adjust when Im editing my worksheets but only very occasionally. Then when Ive finished editing and I go back to viewing the worksheet on my page, all of the formatting disappears and the row heights go back to the default and I cant read my records. This happens every time and its driving me nuts - i cant fit my worksheets onto a page unless its A1 (see attachment) and then it fills a third of the page area.

This is a really frustrating bug that it appears has been an issue since 08 was released. We recently upgraded to Architect and so wont be upgrading to 09 for some time. Surely it cant be that hard to resolve in 08 - can it . . . ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Sam,

I am sorry but there is nothing you can do except what you are already doing that is increase the height of the database header row.

The reason for this problem is that rows in the same database are not allowed to have different heights in Vw08. What you see in the editor is actually misleading at the end the database row will always pick the height or the database header row.

AutoFit row height only works well with wrap text in spreadsheet cells.

We have resolved this issue in Vw09.

Thanks.