Monitor Problems

I have a very annoying problem which I wonder if others have. When using VectorWorks with computers that have Factor Installed ATI cards, and using 21" ViewSonic monitors, we get annoying dotted lines that extend to infinity on our screens. It gets even worse on a couple of computers (the older ones) and the screen starts to turn into a collage of various colors. The only thing that seems to fix this is to change the resolution to 256 colors---which we really prefer not to do. I have turned off various ati extensions as suggested with similar issues in the "Video Card Woes" discussion, but no success. The thing that really stumps me---the one computer this does not occur on is the oldest, and the only one with a separate pci card video card {PM 7300-200 (96meg) w/ ATI exlaim 3d (8meg) and Aplle 17" display}. Computers that have a problem are: G3-233 (288 meg) w/ factory ATI card (6meg), G3-350 (384meg) w/ factory ATI rage 128 card (16meg), G4-400 (256meg) w/ factory ATI rage 128 card (16meg). Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I try to install the ATI software that came with th PCI card on all other computers?