Trace sketch

Twickenhaman

Hi,

I am not sure if this the right forum as its a 12.5 ?

However I am trying to find the best way of tracing a scanned sketch in B/W of a ground plan into VW12.5 The sketch is drawn to scale and I would then tidy it up in VW. I seem to remember this was a feature of 12.5 but vcannot find any reference. I have tried having two layers with one only 50% transparent but I cannot see the second layer. I am using jpeg as an image file is that correct ?

Any help very welcome.

Thank you

David

Guest Wes Gardner

Hey David,

Is the layer "stacking order" set up such that your imported image is on the "bottom" otherwise it MIGHT mask what you're trying to draw. Also is your Layer Vis sets on something other than "Active Only"?

Unfortunately I skipped from v10 to 2008 so I have no direct experience wit h12.5.

Good luck

Wes

Hi,

and thank you for your replies. Just in case anyone would like the answer I suddenly had a surge of intelligence ! It was the layer fill which was stopping me seeing the drawing below. I had been blocking the view with a white background, so onwards and upwards to the next problem which I am sure I will

be back here soon. Is this the right forum for 12.5 ? though?

Thanks again

David