Setting up perspective viewports

HP Sauce

How does one go about setting these up correctly? Every time I create one I have to jump through hoops to get the view set.

In example: I have a model on a Design Layer. I then create a Sheet Layer, and a Viewport with the DL as source.

Every view (2D plan, Iso etc) apart from Perspective shows the model within the viewport's crop. When I switch to Perspective, I see nothing at all. After much mucking around, I can see the contents, but i'm skewed beyond belief.

What's the vital step i'm missing here? Example & thanks attached.

Try this instead: set up your view right in the design layer (with stacked layers on if available/needed), and rendered as desired, etc. Then draw a rectangle (or any shape) around the desired view, and with the rectangle selected go to View>Create Viewport. A dialog will come up asking if you want to use the selected object as the crop. Say Yes. The rest is self-explanatory...

Here's what I do.

In plan view of design layer, insert a camera (visualization palette.) Double click on camera to see perspective view (might need to Fit to Objects, Command 6) to see view . Create view port from here, View>Create Viewport. Send viewport to sheet layer. Set up rendering options. Update viewport. Done.

See attachment.