VW 2009 speed

I saw the website info .. but it was missing a critical issue ..... is VW 2009 faster or slower than VW2008 ? In particular, there was a lot of information on the new parasolid kernal, but none of it stated if my 3D renderings will appear faster ? After waiting for hours for some renderings, a speed improvement is important.

(PS: can anyone at NNA tell me if my full install of VW 2009 will actually run with 2G RAM or do you absolutely have to have 4G as listed in the sys reqmts ?)

Guest Frank Brault
(PS: can anyone at NNA tell me if my full install of VW 2009 will actually run with 2G RAM or do you absolutely have to have 4G as listed in the sys reqmts ?)

As stated on our website, Vectorworks 2009 Designer will run with 2G RAM; Vectorworks 2009 Designer with Renderworks will run with 4G RAM. To help you answer this question for yourself, keep in mind the following facts:

• Stated system requirements are not necessarily the optimum.
  • Adding more ram than the required amount will improve performance.
  • How much improvement depends on your other hardware.
  • The improvement while measurable, diminishes as you add more amounts of RAM.
  • There is a point where adding more RAM will not improve performance.

Whether the improvement justifies the cost depends on you.

• Administrator

We have moved from past practice of trying to identify a true minimum configuration to more recently specifying a recommended configuration. (We need to adjust some of our terminology on the web site to reflect this.) 2GB is perfectly fine for most Renderworks users, though for larger models and especially when using HDRI rendering we recommend supplying 4GB as you will see benefits in speed and rendering capability.

Paul Pharr

CIO

NNA

It would be helpful to list video cards in the requirements/reccommendations.

It did nothing for my customer experience to find that the video card in my laptop was not sufficient after dropping $2300 on software.

Particularly since one of the reasons for switching to Vectorworks rather than upgrading ADT was that my laptop met the listed requirements.