Artlantis Support

Just downloaded Artlantis 2 Demo & Plug in and exported a trial model from VW 2008. Here are some initial querries:

1. model is composed of 3 different layers, but they all exported "on top "of each other

2. in trying to apply textures (shaders) onto a window in model, it applied texture ALL of window, to all walls and to 3d poly used as site, however was able to apply a different texture to roof. Is this a class issue? How do you prepare model to accept textures to its different components?

Anyone out there with a good source for Artlantis instructions besides site's tutorials? Does program come with decent manuals?

thx

carpalmer

I don't have much Artlantis experience (perhaps some else will chime in?) But i've had better luck with Artlantis and C4D if I create a layer with layer links of the model, and export that. That way all the layers end up at the proper positions in Artlantis.

I've also found that if you use the "class" export option, and you have a model that has the classes set up well, it works as expected. Sounds like you need a glazing class and a widow trim class...?

For tutorials what you want is someone nearby to give you a days run through.

For a manual, other than the electronic version, to be recommended is

Artlantis R & Studio, The Missing Book isbn 88-8233-537-2 or

EAN 978-88-8233-537-3

Authors Roberta Cecci, Roberto Corona

Make sure you have classes selected as the export option with special attention paid to the check box "use at creation" in graphic attributes, and use a design layer viewport as the export item so all the items are in the right vertical position

There is also an Artlantis Forum on their website

HTH

thanks for most helpful input.

MCH: I've been trying to figure out exactly what you are suggesting re. DLVP, could you help me out with a few more specifics? Have been reading up on DLVP, but haven't used them and still don't quite know what they're for... in our case I know we'd use them instead of Layer Linking, but don't know how. Do you create a DLVP for ea. layer and then somehow stack them? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Carpalmer

Make sure all your layers are at the right starting point and height in the Layer Organisation palette. For example 0, 10' layer one, 10', 10' layer 2 and 20', 10' layer 3.

Then create 1 design layer viewport, then in the OIP select the layers button and then check the layers you want, everything should be perfectly spaced.

HTH